N8ii Firmware V1.4EN
New Functions and System Optimization
1. Added new feature to support 16x MQA Decoding (up to 768kHz).
- Added MQA music playback support for Cayin Music app and HiBy Music app;
- MQA compatible music apps are able to play MQA files on N8ii;
- N8ii is able to decode MQA content from USB DAC input.
2. Added new feature to support “Knob Reverse”, allows users to setup the direction of the volume knob according to your own preference or practical needs.
- When turned off (default setting), N8ii will increase volume by rotating the volume knob clockwise;
- When turned on, N8ii will increase volume by rotating the volume knob anticlockwise.
3. Other bugs fixed and system optimization.
Firmware Update Procedures
Cayin will release firmware updates to enhance and optimize N8ii as deem required. Users can update the firmware through OTA or local update. To manually download the firmware, please visit our official website, https://en.cayin.cn/
Please make sure the device has sufficient battery power before you proceed. Please check the device has not less than 30% battery power, otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to firmware update.
l Please make sure the device has not less than 30% battery power, otherwise please charge up the player before you proceed to a firmware update.
l Please make sure your N8ii has more than 1GB of storage before the firmware update.
l Do not operate the device during a firmware update.
l During a firmware update, the device will turn off and reboot automatically. If the device does not reboot 3 minutes after turned off, please press and hold the POWER BUTTON for 3 seconds to boot up the device, the device will resume the firmware update process.
l Please delete/remove the firmware file from the TF card after a firmware update.
OTA Update Procedures
1. Connect the N8ii to the internet via Wi-Fi.
2. Enter the Settings menu, then proceed to “System” -> “Wireless Update”.
3. Press “Check for updates”, system will check for new firmware.
4. Press “Download” after a new firmware is detected, system will start downloading the new firmware.
5. Press “Install now” after the firmware is successfully downloaded.
6. Press “OK” at the pop-up dialogue, system will start installing the new firmware.
Local Update Procedures
1. Download the latest firmware update package from Cayin official website (en.cayin.cn), you should receive a compressed file as XXXX.zip which is used for N8ii firmware update.
2. DO NOT decompress the zip file.
3. Copy the firmware file into the root directory of N8ii internal memory or TF card, insert the TF card into N8ii before you proceed to next step.
4. Enter the Settings menu, then proceed to “System” -> “Wireless Update”.
5. Press the “┇” icon on the top right corner of the screen.
6. Select “Local updates” in the pull-down menu.
7. Proceed to the directory where the firmware file is located, then select the firmware file.
8. Press “INSTALL NOW”.
9. Press “OK” at the pop-up dialogue, system will start installing the new firmware.