Announcement of Cayin i5 firmware v2.2
New Functions and System Optimization
1. Add new USA Audio output mode, user can choice to use either USB Audio or S/PDIF digital output to connect the i5 DAP to external DAC.
Please turn on i5 before you plug in USB cable and connect the player to external DAC equipment, if you connect USB cable to i5 at power off
status, the player will fail to recognize the external device after power on.
Please be informed that DoP is not supported in USB Audio output, all DSD document will be converted to PCM before output to external digital
2. Rectify abnormal behavior during playback CUE file or ISO file in Playlist or My Favorite
3. Reinstate the auto power off status of idle shutdown feature after power on/off
4. Maintain DSD marking to the appropriate size without affected by playing now mark or longer song Title
5. Provide choice of USB mode and MTP mode when connect i5 to a computer device for data transfer. The USB mode can be triggered at the Quick
menu (pull down from top of the screen)
6. Other bugs fixed
Cayin i5 Firmware Upgrade
Cayin i5 offers OTA upgrade and Manual upgrade options. The firmware content is identical in both cases, users can select their preferred option freely.
Cayin i5 was launched with firmware v1.0, and we have added OTA upgrade function at v1.1 and v1.2 respectively. If your i5 firmware is remain at v1.0, you’ll not be able to use OTA firmware upgrade, we suggest you to perform at least one firmware upgrade manually, this will allow you to enjoy OTA upgrade in subsequent firmware release.
A. OTA upgrade instruction
1. OTA upgrade is only available to i5 with v1.1 firmware or after.
2. Please make sure the player has not less than 50% battery power before you proceed.
3. When you activate WiFi connection, system will detect and alert you when new firmware is identified automatically, please use the pull down menu
to accept the firmware upgrade offer, or select “System Update” command under the Setup menu to invoke firmware upgrade process.
4. You will enter a download screen and when the download is completed, confirm to proceed update and the system will complete the update
Upon completion on firmware upgrade, the firmware package is stored at the root directory of the internal storage under the name of “update.zip”. You can delete this file (with ES explorer preinstalled under Third Party Application drawer) to redeem storage capacity.
B. Manual upgrade instruction
The i5 v2.0 firmware package is around 250MB, consider some users are using the i5 as a standalone player or having a much faster network connection with their desktop computer, Cayin has offer manual upgrade option for your convenient.
1. Go to download page of Cayin website http://en.cayin.cn/download), click into the latest i5 firmware upgrade entry, download the installation
package titled i5-Update-2.2international.zip
2. Copy the installation package to the root directory of i5 internal storage or the root directory of the TF card that will be used in firmware upgrade.
3. Please make sure the player has not less than 50% battery power before you proceed.
4. Enter Recovery Mode of Cayin i5 by pressing Down key at the right side and Power On/off at the left side
5. Once you have arrived at Recovery Mode, you can move around with the Volume control or the Up and Down key on the left, and select an option
with Power On/Off key
If you have stored the installation package at root directory of internal storage, select “apply update from internal storage”
If you have stored the installation package at root directory of the TF card, select “apply update from external storage”
6. Select “i5-Update-2.2international.zip” with Power on/off key to activate upgrade process
7. At the end of system upgrade, select “reboot system now” at Recovery Mode to complete the firmware upgrade.
1. Do not operate the machine during firmware upgrade
2. Please delete/remove the firmware file from the internal storage/TF card after firmware upgrade
3. Please perform a complete Music Scan after firmware upgrade.
4. In case you have third party applications installed and find the system/applications are not performing satisfactory, please wipe cache partition (in
recovery mode) and restart the system.
5. If the system freeze or cannot resume to regular operation, you can turn off the device by press and hold the Power on-off key for around 10
seconds. The system will shut down in regardless of operation status. If problem persist, you can perform a Factory Reset (under Setting menu)
or Wipe data/factory reset (in recovery mode) to resume the system.